The Department of Aerospace Engineering invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank starting January (or September) 2024.
Job Description: Spacecraft Design and Space Systems Engineering
Department: Aerospace Engineering (AE). https://ae.sharif.edu
University: Sharif University of Technology (SUT), https://en.sharif.edu.
Location: SUT main campus, Tehran, Iran.
The successful candidate will join one of the most prestigious and growing aerospace departments in the country that is internationally recognized for engineering education and research around the world. The successful candidate is expected to teach and perform research focused on the following areas:
- Spacecraft design and Space system engineering,
- Capstone courses such as satellite system design and integration,
- Spacecraft dynamics and control,
- Space guidance, navigation and launch system design,
- Remote sensing and its applications,
- Space missions, technologies and standards,
- Principles of project design & management,
- Development of space engineering fundamentals laboratory
Particular requirements are:
- A PhD degree related to satellite and space system engineering from a reputable international university. Candidates with solid backgrounds (BA and MS) in aerospace engineering are preferred,
- Working knowledge in spacecraft design and space systems engineering,
- Working knowledge in satellite bus and subsystems design,
- Familiarity with new emerging trends such as utility of small satellites for deep space missions and exploration,
- Experienced in cooperation with research institutes and industry is desirable. Familiarity with private sectors is highly appreciated,
- Capability to get funded research and industrial project and management,
- Good publications track record in internationally recognized scientific journals,
- Working familiarity and skills with satellite design and simulation toolkits.
- Positive teaching experience in design related courses.
- Language proficiency in Farsi and English.
- Iranian citizen only.
Interested applicants are requested to send their curriculum vitae or specialized resume (accompanied with a cover letter) to Professor Masoud Darbandi (the deputy to the Employment Scientific Evaluation Committee of the Aerospace Engineering Department) at firstname.lastname@example.org